The following questions can be used as a guide to help you engage and have deeper conversations with your colleagues during the campuswide open forums.
- When you think of the “front door” to campus, what comes to mind? Is there one front door or many front doors?
- What factors create the front door for TCU?
- How do we strengthen these?
- What can we do to enhance the physical parts of our campus, both indoor and outdoor?
- Where are the places that create “Kodak” moments for our guests? Are there opportunities to represent culture or values in other places?
- How might TCU bring greater relevance and strengthen the campus “front door” in a world filled with virtual and augmented reality technology? How can technology help us with our presence?
- How are students, faculty and staff of underrepresented backgrounds (racial, ethnic, cultural, faith, age, gender and orientation, life experience) experiencing the TCU culture? What evidence do we have that explains your perceptions? Resource: The committee might want to partner with the Diversity, Equity and Inclusiveness Committee and Dr. Darron Turner to know more about campus climate.
- How can the University attend to both diversity and community as we strengthen the TCU experience and campus culture?
Engagement of students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, community:
- What activities/experiences are strong contributors to the campus culture and should be protected?
- What activities/experiences have potential but could use additional support or resources to thrive?
- What activities/experiences do not seem to contribute and should be eliminated?
Focus on the brand:
- How do we teach people about our culture so that they know how to deliver the TCU experience?
- What are our opportunities to recruit the right students, faculty and staff who will support our culture and experience? How do we onboard our students and employees so that they understand and contribute to this culture and are able to deliver the right experience?
- As the committee imagines growth to 9500 undergraduate students and 1500 graduate students and the opening of a medical school (with courses taught at UNTHSC), what do we need to consider in order to maintain our culture and experience?
- What indicators should we use to determine strength of culture and experience?
- How do we ensure the sustainability and growth of our campus culture and TCU experience?
How does this goal interface with the other goals?