Vision in Action (2003)
Vision in Action (VIA) is TCU’s strategic planning effort that began in 2003. Through this participatory process, scores of faculty and staff members, trustees, alumni and students charted a vision for the university’s future.
VIA participants reviewed TCU’s internal and external environment, considered our resources and developed both broad strategies and very specific objectives.
As a result of Vision in Action, we refined our vision and are committed to becoming an increasingly more significant private university with a greater international presence. Ours will be a future characterized by high quality, brave visions and noble purposes.
Get an overview of TCU’s plans from our Vision in Action brochure. For a more detailed look at VIA, examine the documents listed below.
- Introduction & Table of Contents
- Chapter I: Discovery/Analysis
- Chapter II: Synthesis
- Chapter III: End of the Beginning – Initial Decisions and Epilogue
VIA Vision and Transition to Continuous Planning – Appendices
- Appendix A: Report Card on The Commission on the Future of TCU
- Appendix B:Strategy Work Group Charges
- Size, Mix, and Residentiality – Charge to the Subcommittee
- TCU Experience – Charge to the Subcommittee
- TCU Strategic Planning – Position Paper Process and Template Academic Comprehensivity
- Connections to Communities – TCU, Fort Worth Region and Texas – Charge to the Subcommittee
- Strategies For Athletics – Position Paper Process and Template
- Position Paper Process and Template Learning Resources
- Appendix C: Size, Mix, and Residentiality Strategic Work Group Report
- Appendix D: The TCU Undergraduate Experience Strategic Work Group Report
- Appendix E: Academic Directions Strategic Work Group Report
- Appendix F: Connections to the Community Strategic Work Group Report
- Appendix G: Strategies for Athletics Strategic Work Group Report
- Appendix H: Learning Resources/Technology Strategic Work Group Report
- Appendix J: Economic Review
- Appendix L: Synthesis Document for Strategic Work Group Reports
- Appendix M: Comments from The TCU Promise Fall 2004 Symposium
- Appendix N: Graduate Education Vision and Strategy Group Report
- Appendix O: School/College Strategic Planning Charge
- Appendix R: Trustee Symposium Minutes and Discussion
- Appendix S: VIA Funding Methodology Focus Group Comparisons
- Appendix T: Trustee Strategic Initiative Fund Application
- Appendix U: Chancellor Boschini’s Convocation Remarks