Goal 1. Strengthen Academic Profile & Reputation
School of Medicine:
- How can we leverage the initiation of the Medical School to the advantage of the whole university community?
Continue to emphasize areas of strength:
- What specific areas of creative activity should we focus on to improve both profile and reputation?
- What steps should each College/School take to enhance their profile and reputation?
- What are the emerging fields of knowledge that might impact us?
Continue to strengthen undergraduate and graduate profiles and continue to focus on size, balance, diversity; 9,500 undergraduates and 1,500 graduates:
- Given our ratio of undergraduates to graduates (6.33 : 1), what strategies will effectively improve our (1) academic profile, (2) academic reputation?
- Suggest strategies to improve the appeal of the University to top high school students. Scholarships are clearly one answer – but what else might be distinctive?
- How do we create a campus that has an appeal to an even more diverse student and faculty body?
How does this goal interface with the other goals?